Kitsuné is probably best known for its in-demand Kitsuné Maison compilations, which are essentially a who’s-who in the world of rising electro-pop artists. But its latest release, BoomBox, sees the Paris-based label eschewing the likes of Hadouken!, Punks Jump Up, and The Gossip, and instead favoring the classic French electro sound, à la Daft Punk.Read more »
He was a friend of The Clash and the first Jamaican disc jockey to use sound effects and vocal drops between songs. Now, Michael Campbell (a.k.a. “the original” Mikey Dread) has gone on record in an exclusive Bad Gals radio podcast to clear up rumors about his life, his music, and a copycat DJ with a similar name.
Dancehall soundclash promoters Irish and Chin have announced that this year’s 10th annual World Clash-New York will be the final installment of the event they do. The three-tiered show, titled Game Over, takes place November 24 at Amazura, in Queens, New York. Read more »
It’s always a treat when the Stones Throw family comes to town, and Peanut Butter Wolf and crew are currently packing the tour bus for their annual label tour, which stops in most major North American cities and showcases the many sides of hip-hop that the L.A.-based label has to offer.Read more »
The Australia-based noise-pop collective Architecture in Helsinki has kept itself well busy this year, with a tour, remixes for Bonde Do Role and YACHT, its third long-player, Places Like This, and now, another big handful of live dates, in which the band will showcase its frantic energy. With all five band members being adept multi-instrumentalists, fans should expect everything from analog synthesizers to clarinets on the stage.Read more »
At the intersection of indie rock and electronic music floats former Blow member Jona Bechtolt (a.k.a. YACHT). For the past several months, Bechtolt has been chronicling his seemingly endless world tour on his Team Yacht video blog. Here, XLR8R catches up with the hyper-energetic artist mid-chronicle.
Watch This Episode
Episode 24: Fall Fashion Roundup
Read more »
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player