Out of Everything But the Girl’s shadow, songstress Tracey Thorn has risen to craft an electro-pop gem, with music vet Ewan Pearson at the production helm. We ain’t lyin'. Like EBTG records, Out of the Woods mirrors the downtempo pop that Thorn and husband/producer Ben Watt became infamous for, but Pearson’s minimalist production makes this solo debut a long-player that works just as well on the dancefloor as it does on adult contemporary radio (in a good way).
Xiu Xiu’s Jamie Stewart doesn’t exactly create ordinary indie rock. Instead, he crafts introspective musical blasts that can, at any moment, shift from completely danceable to being worthy of a pity-party. Xiu Xiu’s newest offering Xiu Xiu Remixed and Covered is right on par with those sensibilities, custom-made for the weirdly sensitive man in us all.Read more »
Unlike the acid-house meets tech-pop sound made under his birthname Matthew Dear, the Audion experience is all about noisy, 4/4 psychedelia. The Spectral Sound stalwart has already released six records, including the full-length Suckfish, which beams with sexual titles (“F*cking”, “Your Place or Mine”) and rarely strays from the 4/4 deepness and tripped-out samples that make people go nuts on the dancefloor–even post-3 a.m.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player