Alexander Robotnick Launches Year-Long Retrospective Series
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Perhaps best known for his 1983 hit, "Problèmes D'Amour", Alexander Robotnick should be a name familiar to anyone with a knowledge of dance music's early history or just a love for the disco-tinged electro of days gone by. As it turns out, the now-60-year-old producer recently labored over the archives of forgotten tapes, vinyls, and hard drives that had accumulated throughout his three-decade-spanning career, and has announced an elaborate plan to release the best of this material over the course of a year. Beginning with the release of Robotnick's Archives Vol.1 earlier in December, every following month for the next year will see the Italian production veteran releasing a new digital EP of unreleased material on his own Hot Elephant label. The artwork above and the streaming preview below of Robotnick's first volume in his retrospective journey should give you a good sense of what you'll be able to get into all year long—truly retro slices of electronic goodness from one of its early innovators.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player