Crosstown Rebels Announces Forthcoming Art Department Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The Crosstown Rebels imprint has dipped into its deep, international artist roster and announced that the label's first release of 2012 will come in the form of a new single from Art Department, the collaboration between Canadians Kenny Glasgow and Jonny White. Dropping January 30, "Touch You Gently" is said to be a "slice of slow-brewing, chugging disco-tech with pendulum beats," while the b-side will feature a remix of Art Department's "Tell Me Why" (off the pair's debut album, The Drawing Board) from NYC DJ/producer Brennan Green. No official audio from the release has surfaced yet, but you'll find an unofficial YouTube stream of the title track below.
"Touch You Gently"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player