Crosstown Rebels Announces Forthcoming Art Department Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The Crosstown Rebels imprint has dipped into its deep, international artist roster and announced that the label's first release of 2012 will come in the form of a new single from Art Department, the collaboration between Canadians Kenny Glasgow and Jonny White. Dropping January 30, "Touch You Gently" is said to be a "slice of slow-brewing, chugging disco-tech with pendulum beats," while the b-side will feature a remix of Art Department's "Tell Me Why" (off the pair's debut album, The Drawing Board) from NYC DJ/producer Brennan Green. No official audio from the release has surfaced yet, but you'll find an unofficial YouTube stream of the title track below.
"Touch You Gently"
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player