Crosstown Rebels Announces Forthcoming Art Department Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The Crosstown Rebels imprint has dipped into its deep, international artist roster and announced that the label's first release of 2012 will come in the form of a new single from Art Department, the collaboration between Canadians Kenny Glasgow and Jonny White. Dropping January 30, "Touch You Gently" is said to be a "slice of slow-brewing, chugging disco-tech with pendulum beats," while the b-side will feature a remix of Art Department's "Tell Me Why" (off the pair's debut album, The Drawing Board) from NYC DJ/producer Brennan Green. No official audio from the release has surfaced yet, but you'll find an unofficial YouTube stream of the title track below.
"Touch You Gently"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player