Demdike Stare Launch Four-Part Series for Modern Love
The two sonic adventurers collectively known as Demdike Stare have unexpectedly released the first two parts of a four-part series for the Modern Love imprint, entitled Elemental. Released earlier this week, parts one and two (respectively titled Chrysanthe and Violetta) kick off the vinyl series with two three-track 12"s housed in extravagent, quadruple gate-fold packaging—complete with two pockets left over for the third and fourth installments of Elemental (available early next year). You can peep the intense packaging and tracklist for parts one and two below, and head here to listen to previews of the music, which is described in a press release as "some of the most dense, eerie, and evocative pieces ever recorded by Demdike Stare." (via FACT)
A1 Mephisto’s Lament
B1 In The Wake Of Chronos
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player