Hotflush To Release Debut 12" From Locked Groove
- Words: Glenn Jackson
For those of us who follow the moves of Hotflush boss Paul Rose (a.k.a. Scuba a.k.a. SCB) rather closely, the handle of Belgian up-and-comer Locked Groove should look familiar. His track "Drowning" made an appearance in the second half of Rose's recent DJ Kicks contribution and now, that cut, along with two others, will officially see a release early next year through Rose's own label. Dropping January 9, the Rooted EP will mark the debut release of Locked Groove, and the three-track 12" is said to find the man making his mark with a combination of sounds that hints at soulful house, UK garage, and, more specifically, touches on the vein of deep, propulsive techno which has come to define the legendary Berghain club in Berlin. You'll find a stream of the aforementioned "Drowning" track below, along with the usual Hotflush artwork and full tracklist.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player