Hotflush To Release Debut 12" From Locked Groove
- Words: Glenn Jackson
For those of us who follow the moves of Hotflush boss Paul Rose (a.k.a. Scuba a.k.a. SCB) rather closely, the handle of Belgian up-and-comer Locked Groove should look familiar. His track "Drowning" made an appearance in the second half of Rose's recent DJ Kicks contribution and now, that cut, along with two others, will officially see a release early next year through Rose's own label. Dropping January 9, the Rooted EP will mark the debut release of Locked Groove, and the three-track 12" is said to find the man making his mark with a combination of sounds that hints at soulful house, UK garage, and, more specifically, touches on the vein of deep, propulsive techno which has come to define the legendary Berghain club in Berlin. You'll find a stream of the aforementioned "Drowning" track below, along with the usual Hotflush artwork and full tracklist.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player