Japan Benefit Comp to Feature Exclusive Tracks from Four Tet, Pantha Du Prince, Nosaj Thing, and More
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Kazu Makino (perhaps best known as the frontwoman of Blonde Readhead) has put together a compilation to benefit her native country of Japan, which continues to rebuild after the natural disasters which devastated the country earlier this year. Tapping her extensive list of generous music-making friends, Makino has put together an impressive collection of tracks under the title We Are the Works in Progress, including exclusives from Four Tet, Pantha Du Prince, Nosaj Thing, Karin Andersson (of Fever Ray/The Kinife), John Maus, Terry Riley, and more. The compilation will be available January 10 and all proceeds will go to the Japan Society and Architecture for Humanity foundations. You can check the full tracklist for We Are the Works in Progress below.
01 Four Tet "Moma"
02 Karin Andersson "No Face"
03 Terry Riley "G Song"
04 Nosaj Thing "Nightcrawler"
05 John Roberts "Berceuse"
06 Blonde Redhead "Penny Sparkle (Drew Brown Remix)"
07 Pantha Du Prince "Bird On a Wire"
08 Broadcast "In Here the World Begins"
09 Liars "Drip (Blonde Redhead Remix)"
10 Deerhunter "Curve"
11 Stalactite "Stalagmite"
12 John Maus "Castles in the Grave"
13 David Sylvian and Ryuchi Sakamoto "Bamboo House"
14 Interpol "Song Seven"
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player