Joakim and Bambounou Collaborate for Sound Pellegrino's 'Crossover Series'
- Words: Glenn Jackson
If you recall from just a few months back, the Sound Pellegrino imprint had launched the Crossover Series, an undertaking which pairs up producers from different sides of the electronic spectrum for one-off collaborative EP's. After first bringing together Bok Bok and Tom Trago, the label has announced its next Crossover release, this time tapping Frenchmen Joakim (pictured above) and Bambounou. The collaborative efforts of the two producers have yielded three tracks of "pure energetic, thoughtful, and fun club music," which is said to equally incorporate Joakim's noted penchant for analog techno along with Bambounu's lean, digital touch. You can preview the forthcoming Fructose EP (which drops December 19) and check the artwork below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player