Joakim and Bambounou Collaborate for Sound Pellegrino's 'Crossover Series'
- Words: Glenn Jackson
If you recall from just a few months back, the Sound Pellegrino imprint had launched the Crossover Series, an undertaking which pairs up producers from different sides of the electronic spectrum for one-off collaborative EP's. After first bringing together Bok Bok and Tom Trago, the label has announced its next Crossover release, this time tapping Frenchmen Joakim (pictured above) and Bambounou. The collaborative efforts of the two producers have yielded three tracks of "pure energetic, thoughtful, and fun club music," which is said to equally incorporate Joakim's noted penchant for analog techno along with Bambounu's lean, digital touch. You can preview the forthcoming Fructose EP (which drops December 19) and check the artwork below.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player