Minus Offers Remix App
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Techno pioneer Richie Hawtin has never been afraid to embrace technology, which is why it comes as no surprise that his Minus label has just launched an innovative new mobile application that allows users to remix and rework a select portion of the storied imprint's catalog. Similar in scope to the app released by International Feel last year, Remiix Minus breaks down 10 selections from the label's discography—including tracks from Marc Houle, Magda, and Gaiser—into their constituent parts and enables users to "combine, transform, and rearrange" the productions. The app can be purchased here, and the complete list of Minus selections it offers, along with a teaser video, have been posted below.
Matador - Kingswing
Click Box - Berlin Shades
Hobo - Symptom
Marc Houle - Techno Vocals
Heartthrob - Baby Kate
Marc Houle - Borrowed Gear
Magda - Your Love Attack
Gaiser - Elastrik
Barem - Nothing
Ambivalent - R U OK?
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player