Rwina Records Gives Away Free EP, Plans 2012 US Tour
- Words: Taylor Fife
Amsterdam-based record label Rwina is getting into the holiday spirit this week by giving away an EP by Krampfhaft, with remixes by Desto, Presk, and our most recent XLR8R podcast creator, Om Unit. Rwina has had a busy 2011, releasing material from the likes of Eprom, NastyNasty, Taz, and Doshy, and has a busy 2012 planned already, beginning with a label night in Amsterdam on January 21. The label night will be thrown in conjunction with Green Room at the Studio/K nightclub, and will feature a slew of artists from Rwina's roster, as well as other like-minded DJs and producers. Check out full details for the party here. The label is also planning an US West Coast tour from January 30 to February 6, including stops in Sacramento, Arcata, San Francisco (at Low End Theory), and Los Angeles. As for the free EP, which can be downloaded here or here, it's a three-song remix EP of Krampfhaft's Makin' Magic, aptly titled Re-Makin' Magic, in which two songs from the original record have been remixed by three Rwina-associated artists for a short romp through UK garage and glitch-hop-flavored dubstep.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player