Video: Jesse Boykins III "Light to Dark"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Calling it a "film," NY-based fashion bloggers-cum-video directors Street Etiquette delivered this piece for the Gold Panda-produced "Light to Dark" tune by Jesse Boykins III. The music video's story is described as "a wayfarer on his journey to find his true self," the visuals for which were shot throughout NYC and are accompanied by the beat-driven electronic pop sounds. Boykins III recently completed a stint as a participant at this year's Red Bull Music Academy in Madrid, so after you've watched the footage above, take a listen to more of his music below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player