Video: Maxxi Soundsystem "Make or Break"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
In the interest of honesty, we should say that the above clip for Maxxi Soundsystem's "Make or Break" isn't super compelling. It's not a bad video, it's simply another vaguely psychedelic montage of edgy people having an edgy night out. That said, the song is pretty damn great. Harkening back to '90s club sounds and the fabulous nature of that era, "Make or Break" is a thoroughly compelling tune that also serves as the title track to the UK producer's latest EP, which drops next Monday, December 19 on the Needwant label. Check the artwork and complete tracklist below, along with preview clips of the entire Make or Break EP.
1. Make or Break
2. Never Stop
3. There’s No Love
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player