Battles Announces Four-Part Remix 12" Series
- Words: Patric Fallon
Battles' monolithic Gloss Drop weighed in as our twenty-third favorite album of 2011, and will soon be followed by a four-part series of 12"s featuring remixes from an array of top-shelf producers. The first installment, Dross Glop 1, has ambient-techno mainstay Gui Boratto remixing the frenzied "Wall Street" and like-minded Swedish producer The Field doing a version of "Sweetie & Shag." Battles' first remix 12" will drop on February 6 (and the day after in the US), and you can pre-order it, along with the rest of the forthcoming series (which, according to Amazon, will also include remixes from Kode9, Shabazz Palaces, and Alchemist), here. Both sides of Dross Glop 1 are streaming below, along with Shabazz Palace's version of "White Electric."
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player