Battles Announces Four-Part Remix 12" Series
- Words: Patric Fallon
Battles' monolithic Gloss Drop weighed in as our twenty-third favorite album of 2011, and will soon be followed by a four-part series of 12"s featuring remixes from an array of top-shelf producers. The first installment, Dross Glop 1, has ambient-techno mainstay Gui Boratto remixing the frenzied "Wall Street" and like-minded Swedish producer The Field doing a version of "Sweetie & Shag." Battles' first remix 12" will drop on February 6 (and the day after in the US), and you can pre-order it, along with the rest of the forthcoming series (which, according to Amazon, will also include remixes from Kode9, Shabazz Palaces, and Alchemist), here. Both sides of Dross Glop 1 are streaming below, along with Shabazz Palace's version of "White Electric."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player