Black Dice to Release New Album in April; Hear "Pigs" Now
- Words: Nathan Albert
The NYC-via-Providence, RI experimentalists of Black Dice have announced they will release their sixth full-length LP on April 9. Called Mr. Impossible, the album marks the band's first release in three years, and will drop via Ribbon Music. One of the most influential noise acts of the past decade, Black Dice helped bring Brooklyn's noise scene to a wider audience in the '00s with seminal releases on DFA and Paw Tracks. The band has leaked a speedy, industrial-tinged track from its upcoming LP for download. You can listen to "Pigs" and watch an accompanying music video below, and pre-order limited-edition screen-printed copies of the Mr. Impossible LPs here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player