Commix Announces LP of Previously Unreleased Material, Readies New Full-Length
- Words: Glenn Jackson
A lot has changed in the electronic-music landscape since Commix's debut LP, Come to Mind, was unveiled. True, it's only been five years, but of all the drum & bass that could be heard maxing out sound systems in any number of cities across the globe back in 2007, the premiere full-length outing of the London duo has stood the test of time far better than most. Now, Goldie's Metalheadz imprint has announced plans to release a collection of Commix productions culled from around the same period, on Dusted (Selected Works 2003 - 2008). The 12-track endeavor will see a release on March 5, to be eventually followed-up by a brand-new Commix album later in the year. The pair goes on to explain, "Dusted is a collection of music that we made at that time, all of which didn’t appear on the finished product. We get asked so often about all of these and now that we’re working on a new album we thought it was time to let these ones go. This is the end of an era for Commix, and our next album will be the start of a brand new one for CMX." You can preview that past era via the Dusted Soundcloud preview stream, which you'll find following the artwork below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player