Glyph Records Announces Inaugural Release From Essáy
- Words: Glenn Jackson
A new label has formed, operating under the name Glyph, and for the imprint's first release, budding German Essáy will issue his proper debut single, "Morning Mountain" b/w "A Cold Day." (artwork above) The two-track release will drop early next month, showcasing the German producer's noted penchant for crafting lush, bliss-tinged house. The label appears to have a busy 2012 schedule ahead with releases from Canada's Trevor and Ever and a split between UK producers Squarehead and Falcon Lake, as well as a follow-up single from Essáy planned for the first half of the year. For now, you can stream the a-side of the label's inaugural release and check out the song's video below, and head to Glyph's Soundcloud to get a better idea of what to expect from the freshly minted outfit in the months to come.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player