Nicolas Jaar to Launch Clown & Sunset Aesthetics with Live Multimedia Performance at MoMA PS1
- Words: Taylor Fife
- Photo: Mikael Gregorsky
NYC artist Nicolas Jaar is set to expand his Clown & Sunset record label into a more comprehensive multimedia culture house called Clown & Sunset Aesthetics, which will launch with a five-hour live performance by Jaar and other members of his collective. The performance, christened "From Scratch," will take place at MoMA PS1 in New York on Sunday, February 5, and will cap a weekend of music from Jaar that also includes a sold-out Clown & Sunset label showcase at the Music Hall of Williamsburg on Friday, February 3. Jaar will be performing in MoMA PS1's geodesic dome alongside musicians Will Epstein and Sasha Spielberg, with sound-derived video art from filmmaker Ryan Staake and a movement piece by Lizzie Fiedelson.
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- PodcastGerd Janson
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player