Nicolas Jaar to Launch Clown & Sunset Aesthetics with Live Multimedia Performance at MoMA PS1
- Words: Taylor Fife
- Photo: Mikael Gregorsky
NYC artist Nicolas Jaar is set to expand his Clown & Sunset record label into a more comprehensive multimedia culture house called Clown & Sunset Aesthetics, which will launch with a five-hour live performance by Jaar and other members of his collective. The performance, christened "From Scratch," will take place at MoMA PS1 in New York on Sunday, February 5, and will cap a weekend of music from Jaar that also includes a sold-out Clown & Sunset label showcase at the Music Hall of Williamsburg on Friday, February 3. Jaar will be performing in MoMA PS1's geodesic dome alongside musicians Will Epstein and Sasha Spielberg, with sound-derived video art from filmmaker Ryan Staake and a movement piece by Lizzie Fiedelson.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player