Sigha Returns to Hotflush on Forthcoming EP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The almost unreal pace at which Sigha has unveiled his singles and EPs over the past three years appears to be nowhere near letting up, as Hotflush has announced that its next release will be a four-track EP from the London producer. Abstractions I-IV will mark Sigha's sixth release on Paul Rose's imprint and, as the title suggests, it finds him delving into ever-deeper and darker regions of forward-thinking techno. Some may recall the EP's second cut, "Where I Come to Forget," from its icy appearance on Scuba's 2011 DJ Kicks contribution, and now the tune will appear in full form alongside two other similarly chilling excursions into elongated, mechanized techno and one beatless ambient exploration, "Something in Between Us," which serves as the effort's opening track. You can check the artwork, full tracklist, and stream a preview of the Abstractions I-IV below, before its release on February 20.
01 Something in Between Us
02 Where I Come to Forget
03 How to Disappear
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player