Sigha Returns to Hotflush on Forthcoming EP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The almost unreal pace at which Sigha has unveiled his singles and EPs over the past three years appears to be nowhere near letting up, as Hotflush has announced that its next release will be a four-track EP from the London producer. Abstractions I-IV will mark Sigha's sixth release on Paul Rose's imprint and, as the title suggests, it finds him delving into ever-deeper and darker regions of forward-thinking techno. Some may recall the EP's second cut, "Where I Come to Forget," from its icy appearance on Scuba's 2011 DJ Kicks contribution, and now the tune will appear in full form alongside two other similarly chilling excursions into elongated, mechanized techno and one beatless ambient exploration, "Something in Between Us," which serves as the effort's opening track. You can check the artwork, full tracklist, and stream a preview of the Abstractions I-IV below, before its release on February 20.
01 Something in Between Us
02 Where I Come to Forget
03 How to Disappear
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player