Unsound Festival New York Announces Dates, Reveals First Wave of Artists
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After two successful years exhibiting a stateside edition of forward-thinking electronic and experimental music, the Poland-rooted Unsound Festival has announced plans to return to New York again this spring. The five-day festival will begin Wednesday, April 18 and run through Sunday, April 22, showcasing a diverse range of performances spread amongst a number of NYC venues, including BAMcinématek, The Bunker, the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center, ISSUE Project Room, and (Le) Poisson Rouge. And with the announcement of Unsound New York's official dates comes the first wave of acts slated to perform. Adventurous UK duos Hype Williams and Demdike Stare lead the pack, along with Planet-Mu-by-way-of-100% Silk producer Ital and Chicago avant-house stalwart Hieroglyphic Being. Rounding out the initial list will be Poland's own Baaba, the latest incarnation of Sun Araw, dub veteran (and tastemaker behind the now-defunct ~scape imprint) Pole, and a special collaboration between Biosphere and Lustmord, commissioned specifically for this year's festivities. As we draw closer to the dates, Unsound will likely have more artists to reveal, but for now, we'll just have to wait patiently and get to marking our calendars.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player