Unsound Festival New York Announces Dates, Reveals First Wave of Artists
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After two successful years exhibiting a stateside edition of forward-thinking electronic and experimental music, the Poland-rooted Unsound Festival has announced plans to return to New York again this spring. The five-day festival will begin Wednesday, April 18 and run through Sunday, April 22, showcasing a diverse range of performances spread amongst a number of NYC venues, including BAMcinématek, The Bunker, the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center, ISSUE Project Room, and (Le) Poisson Rouge. And with the announcement of Unsound New York's official dates comes the first wave of acts slated to perform. Adventurous UK duos Hype Williams and Demdike Stare lead the pack, along with Planet-Mu-by-way-of-100% Silk producer Ital and Chicago avant-house stalwart Hieroglyphic Being. Rounding out the initial list will be Poland's own Baaba, the latest incarnation of Sun Araw, dub veteran (and tastemaker behind the now-defunct ~scape imprint) Pole, and a special collaboration between Biosphere and Lustmord, commissioned specifically for this year's festivities. As we draw closer to the dates, Unsound will likely have more artists to reveal, but for now, we'll just have to wait patiently and get to marking our calendars.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player