Video: Fatima Al Qadiri "How Can I Resist U"
- Words: Taylor Fife
In this new video from Fatima Al Qadiri, director Sophia Al-Maria inter-splices various clips of Middle Eastern culture in London, including a sexualized form of dancing known as Ma'alaya, to create a collage which ostensibly shows an Arab perspective of London-as-Babylon. The fancy cars, public housing projects, and dancing girls show the London dream of heathen sensuality and indulgence, and, as is customary with found-footage videos, the clip also contains altered colors and superimposed shapes, along with an array of strobing and kaleidoscopic effects. The song originally appeared on Al-Qadiri's excellent Genre-Specfic Xperience EP, and the video comes ahead of a Genre-Specfic Xperience remix package set for release on March 27, which will include reworks from Kingdom, Girl Unit, Ikonika, DJ Rashad, and more.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player