Video: Fatima Al Qadiri "How Can I Resist U"
- Words: Taylor Fife
In this new video from Fatima Al Qadiri, director Sophia Al-Maria inter-splices various clips of Middle Eastern culture in London, including a sexualized form of dancing known as Ma'alaya, to create a collage which ostensibly shows an Arab perspective of London-as-Babylon. The fancy cars, public housing projects, and dancing girls show the London dream of heathen sensuality and indulgence, and, as is customary with found-footage videos, the clip also contains altered colors and superimposed shapes, along with an array of strobing and kaleidoscopic effects. The song originally appeared on Al-Qadiri's excellent Genre-Specfic Xperience EP, and the video comes ahead of a Genre-Specfic Xperience remix package set for release on March 27, which will include reworks from Kingdom, Girl Unit, Ikonika, DJ Rashad, and more.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player