Dark Sky Announces Forthcoming EP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
South London trio Dark Sky has announced plans to follow up last year's excellent Radius EP with a new four-track effort, Black Rainbows. The ominously titled EP will see the return of Dark Sky to the Black Acre imprint, which released the group's debut single, "Something to Lose" b/w "Ghost Notes," back in 2010. We're told that Black Rainbows is the next logical step in the progression of Dark Sky, seeing the trio taking its noted penchant for percussion-laden, effortlessly intelligent club tunes and presenting "a batch of advanced lazer-tech dancefloor smashers with a noir edge" on the forthcoming effort. You can check the artwork and tracklist below, and keep your fingers crossed that some audio preview of the EP will appear before Black Rainbows comes out on March 26.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player