Distal Preps Two Collaborative Releases
- Words: Taylor Fife
Our most recent contributor to the XLR8R podcast series, Atlanta's Distal (a.k.a. Michael Rathbun), has announced two different collaborative efforts that will be ready for release next month. First up is "Booyant" b/w "Amphibian," set for a March 5 release via Bristol imprint Tectonic. "Booyant" finds Distal teaming up with Vancouver's HxdB for a bass-heavy dancefloor bubbler, while the flip side's "Amphibian" is a quirky 140 bpm solo effort. For those purchasing in digital format, Brooklyn outfit Archie Pelago will also be adding some fun to the release with a swinging, percussive remix of "Booyant."
Later in March, Rathbun will be releasing a three-song EP of raving juke tunes, Stuck Up Money, featuring Chicago's DJ Rashad. The record will be dropping via Well Rounded's relatively new side label, Individuals. The 12" is set for a vinyl release on March 20, with a digital release to follow on March 26, but for now, check out the artwork and tracklist, which can be found below.
In addition to these two forthcoming releases, keep an eye out for Distal's debut full-length album, Civilization, due out on Tectonic sometime in Spring 2012.
1. Stuck Up Money
2. Behold the Jungle
3. Short & Sweet
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player