Jam City Readies New 12"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Anticipation continues to run high for the debut full-length from London producer Jam City, which has been expected to drop via the Night Slugs label for some time. As it turns out, the waiting period is going to be extended just a bit longer, with the album's release currently slated for May. Nevertheless, Jam City isn't leaving his fans completely empty handed in the meantime, as he'll be dropping a new 12" on February 27. Entitled "The Courts," if the preview video (posted below, along with the single artwork) is any indication, the two-song 12" appears to find the young producer continuing to build unique sonic creations that somehow mesh together elements of grime, house, ballroom, '80s electro, hip-hop, R&B, and other sounds too unusual to be neatly classified. The record's b-side, "The Night Life," is a collaboration with leftfield rap duo Main Attrakionz.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player