Melt! Festival Announces First Round of Acts for 2012
- Words: Taylor Fife
Germany's Melt! festival has announced a first wave of acts, which includes a wide swath of artists of both the electronic and not-so-electronic variety. Deutschlanders Modeselektor and Ellen Alien will each be performing and curating an entire performance area, with Modeselektor choosing acts for two days at the cleverly titled Melt!Selektor stage. Detroit techno artist Richie Hawtin will also be presenting a stage of music on Sunday. Other confirmed acts for the event include Claude VonStroke, The Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble, Switch, Maya Jane Coles, Laurent Garnier, Justice, Todd Terje, Buraka Som Sistema, M83, a live set by Benga, and many more. Melt! will be taking place on from July 13 to July 15 at the Ferropolis near Dessau, Germany.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player