Movement Festival Announces 2012 Lineup
- Words: Nathan Albert
- Photo: Douglas Wojciechowski
Detroit's Movement Festival has just made public an initial lineup for this year's installment of its annual weekend of electronic music. The news is certainly cause for excitement, as the festival will once again bring out put some of the world's biggest names in house and techno to the Motor City over the course of three days. Detroit and Chicago are well represented, with Jeff Mills and Lil' Louis headlining two separate nights while a host of other artists from the two Midwestern cities will be filling out the festival roster, including Carl Craig, Kevin Saunderson, Juan Atkins, Rick Wilhite, Kyle Hall, DJ Sneak, Derrick Carter, and more. Some of the most acclaimed DJs in European house music will make the trip as well, including Todd Terje, Nina Kraviz, Michael Mayer, Radio Slave, Maya Jane Coles, and Lindstrøm. Movement, which takes place in Detroit's Hart Plaza from May 26-28, will also feature a headlining set from legendary rap group Public Enemy. Tickets and info are here.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
XLR8R Downloads Player