Movement Festival Announces 2012 Lineup
- Words: Nathan Albert
- Photo: Douglas Wojciechowski
Detroit's Movement Festival has just made public an initial lineup for this year's installment of its annual weekend of electronic music. The news is certainly cause for excitement, as the festival will once again bring out put some of the world's biggest names in house and techno to the Motor City over the course of three days. Detroit and Chicago are well represented, with Jeff Mills and Lil' Louis headlining two separate nights while a host of other artists from the two Midwestern cities will be filling out the festival roster, including Carl Craig, Kevin Saunderson, Juan Atkins, Rick Wilhite, Kyle Hall, DJ Sneak, Derrick Carter, and more. Some of the most acclaimed DJs in European house music will make the trip as well, including Todd Terje, Nina Kraviz, Michael Mayer, Radio Slave, Maya Jane Coles, and Lindstrøm. Movement, which takes place in Detroit's Hart Plaza from May 26-28, will also feature a headlining set from legendary rap group Public Enemy. Tickets and info are here.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player