Sónar Announces Festivals in Barcelona, Cape Town, Tokyo, São Paulo
- Words: Nathan Albert
The globe-trotting promoters at Sónar have announced a four-city series of electronic music festivals in 2012. The trademark festival in Barcelona will take place from June 14 to June 16, and features an impressive array of headliners, including Hot Chip, John Talabot, Nicolas Jaar, Julio Bashmore, Richie Hawtin, and Luciano. The Barcelona event will also feature label showcases by Hyperdub, Brainfeeder, and 100% Silk. Three auxiliary festivals are planned during the run-up to Sónar Barcelona, the first of which will be in Cape Town, South Africa for a one-day installment on March 4 at the Design Indaba conference, called A Taste of Sónar. The South African lineup includes Modeselektor (who are also playing in Barcelona), Brodinski, and local artists like BLK JKS and Killer Robot. On April 21 and 22, the festival will return to Tokyo for SonarSound Tokyo, and features Squarepusher, Rustie, Mount Kimbie, and more. Finally, Sónar São Paulo takes place on May 11 and 12, and features an all-star lineup of Jeff Mills, Four Tet, Bjork, Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto, and more. Full lineups, locations, ticket sales, and more information regarding all four festivals can be found here.
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Matti Turunen "Cryosleep"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsLuckyMe Celebrates the Holidays with Audio Advent Calendar
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player