Stream a New Addison Groove Track
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
After dropping a strong series of juke-influenced, 808-laden singles in recent years, UK producer Addison Groove recently announced the imminent release of a proper full-length album. Entitled Transistor Rhythm and slated to drop via the 50 Weapons label, the LP won't officially see the light of day until April 3. Nevertheless, the Bristol-based producer has let slip a stream of one of the record's 13 tracks. "Savage Henry" may not have the breakneck feel of footwork, but it does find Addison Groove piecing together crunchy bass tones and vintage drum-machine sounds. The song has a sort of loping rhythm, but proves that the veteran artist can still be effective at slower tempos. Listen to "Savage Henry" below.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player