Video: Blondes "Amber"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Brooklyn duo Blondes has released this video for the track "Amber," one of two brand-new cuts from the pair's debut self-titled album, which came out on RVNG earlier this month. The tune is mellow and ambient, even by Blondes' laid-back standards, with quiet arpeggios, white noise, and sci-fi sounds dreamily humming about with no percussion or set rhythm holding it together. The sparse video matches the tune's aesthetic, showing what we think is a twice-mirrored overhead shot of the famous fountains at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player