Actress Added to Unsound Lineup; Festival Schedule Revealed
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Back in January, some of the initial details surrounding the 2012 edition of the Unsound Festival in New York were revealed. While the initial batch of artists, which included Demdike Stare, Pole, Ital, Hieroglyphic Being, and Hype Williams, was certainly enticing, it pales in comparison to the announcement that shadowy UK producer Actress (pictured above) will be crossing the Atlantic to perform his first-ever live set in the US as part of this year's Unsound festivities. He'll be taking the stage at Le Poisson Rouge on Thursday, April 19, which is just one of the many Unsound shows happening in New York that week. The festival officially runs from April 18-22, and also includes artists such as Sepalcure, Distal, 2562, Throwing Snow, Nguzunguzu, and Laurel Halo, to name a few. The calendar—which can be viewed in its entirety here—offers more than just music, as Unsound has also commissioned several audio-visual performances, not to mention a series of free lectures and panel discussions, which is being billed as Unsound LABS.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player