Actress Added to Unsound Lineup; Festival Schedule Revealed
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Back in January, some of the initial details surrounding the 2012 edition of the Unsound Festival in New York were revealed. While the initial batch of artists, which included Demdike Stare, Pole, Ital, Hieroglyphic Being, and Hype Williams, was certainly enticing, it pales in comparison to the announcement that shadowy UK producer Actress (pictured above) will be crossing the Atlantic to perform his first-ever live set in the US as part of this year's Unsound festivities. He'll be taking the stage at Le Poisson Rouge on Thursday, April 19, which is just one of the many Unsound shows happening in New York that week. The festival officially runs from April 18-22, and also includes artists such as Sepalcure, Distal, 2562, Throwing Snow, Nguzunguzu, and Laurel Halo, to name a few. The calendar—which can be viewed in its entirety here—offers more than just music, as Unsound has also commissioned several audio-visual performances, not to mention a series of free lectures and panel discussions, which is being billed as Unsound LABS.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player