Actress Added to Unsound Lineup; Festival Schedule Revealed
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Back in January, some of the initial details surrounding the 2012 edition of the Unsound Festival in New York were revealed. While the initial batch of artists, which included Demdike Stare, Pole, Ital, Hieroglyphic Being, and Hype Williams, was certainly enticing, it pales in comparison to the announcement that shadowy UK producer Actress (pictured above) will be crossing the Atlantic to perform his first-ever live set in the US as part of this year's Unsound festivities. He'll be taking the stage at Le Poisson Rouge on Thursday, April 19, which is just one of the many Unsound shows happening in New York that week. The festival officially runs from April 18-22, and also includes artists such as Sepalcure, Distal, 2562, Throwing Snow, Nguzunguzu, and Laurel Halo, to name a few. The calendar—which can be viewed in its entirety here—offers more than just music, as Unsound has also commissioned several audio-visual performances, not to mention a series of free lectures and panel discussions, which is being billed as Unsound LABS.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player