Ben UFO Mixes Latest LWE Podcast
- Words: Nathan Albert
- Photo: Avinash Daryanani
Hessle Audio co-founder and Rinse FM presenter Ben UFO has mixed the 115th installment of Little White Earbuds' podcast series. The eclectic mix is a good indicator of the house and techno influence on UK bass music of late, as selections from Omar-S, Shake Shakir, and Terre Thaemlitz make appearances alongside tunes from Floating Points and Pinch. It certainly illustrates just how much the DJ has moved into those realms and out of the dubstep world over the past few years—check out his XLR8R mix from 2010 for comparison. The LWE mix is also accompanied by a worthwhile interview that touches upon modern dancefloor politics, of which Ben UFO has been sometimes been critical. You can find both the mix and interview here.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player