Ben UFO Mixes Latest LWE Podcast
- Words: Nathan Albert
- Photo: Avinash Daryanani
Hessle Audio co-founder and Rinse FM presenter Ben UFO has mixed the 115th installment of Little White Earbuds' podcast series. The eclectic mix is a good indicator of the house and techno influence on UK bass music of late, as selections from Omar-S, Shake Shakir, and Terre Thaemlitz make appearances alongside tunes from Floating Points and Pinch. It certainly illustrates just how much the DJ has moved into those realms and out of the dubstep world over the past few years—check out his XLR8R mix from 2010 for comparison. The LWE mix is also accompanied by a worthwhile interview that touches upon modern dancefloor politics, of which Ben UFO has been sometimes been critical. You can find both the mix and interview here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player