Graphics Unveils New Label and EP, Shares Free Music
- Words: Patric Fallon
An interesting email appeared in our inbox today from young British up-and-comer Graphics, in which the producer explains that he has started his own record label, called LYWat Records, and is incrementally dropping a new EP as its first release. However, he put it much more colorfully than that. In Alfie MacGibbon's own words, "If people ask for tracks on my Twitter, [Facebook], etc., I want to give them these tracks. What is the point in waiting about five months when some of these are tracks that I made two years ago, sampling people who I've got to go to a fucking lawyer to get cleared? It's bullshit, and I'm sure a lot of you guys know it, as well." Continuing to explain the the motives behind his label, he states, "LYWat Records is meant to be spontaneous and kinda do what you want, but it's gonna be random." We like the sound of it already, and we also like the sound of the first leak from Graphic's new EP, "Dogs Yawn," which you can stream and download below. Keep your eyes peeled for more freebies to come from MacGibbon and his new imprint soon.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player