A Guy Called Gerald Mixes RA.303
Acid house and drum & bass pioneer Gerald Simpson (a.k.a. A Guy Called Gerald) has mixed the 303rd installment of Resident Advisor's podcast series. The mix is styled as a tribute to Roland's massively influential TB-303 bass synth, and features tracks that harken back to the classic era of 303-driven Chicago house. Phuture, Maurice, Pierre's Pfantasy Club, and more appear in the mix, but Gerald forgoes a tracklist, effectively leaving listeners to identify the sources of his set's rampant acid squelches themselves. You can download the mix and check out a short interview with the DJ here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player