Hissy Fit Unveils 'Six Weeks Project' with New EP
- Words: James Eaton
Canadian tunesmith Hissy Fit is no stranger to self-distributing his music online. Not long after we profiled Montreal's Matthew Hiscock in July of last year, he gave away a two-track EP, and now, he's doing something quite similar: releasing an EP a week for six weeks via Bandcamp. Starting today with the Inmi EP, Hissy Fit plans to share the rest of his Six Weeks Project each Tuesday for five more consecutive weeks. As the artist puts it, "I'm releasing it as six EPs because that's how I increasingly listen to my music. I still like albums, but I find I rarely have the time, nevermind the desire, to sit down and listen to the same thing for a full 45 minutes." He goes on to explain that each track will cost $1 with each EP totalling only $2. Keep your eyes trained on Hisckock's Bandcamp profile to catch each release as it drops, and check out a preview of them all, below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player