Hissy Fit Unveils 'Six Weeks Project' with New EP
- Words: James Eaton
Canadian tunesmith Hissy Fit is no stranger to self-distributing his music online. Not long after we profiled Montreal's Matthew Hiscock in July of last year, he gave away a two-track EP, and now, he's doing something quite similar: releasing an EP a week for six weeks via Bandcamp. Starting today with the Inmi EP, Hissy Fit plans to share the rest of his Six Weeks Project each Tuesday for five more consecutive weeks. As the artist puts it, "I'm releasing it as six EPs because that's how I increasingly listen to my music. I still like albums, but I find I rarely have the time, nevermind the desire, to sit down and listen to the same thing for a full 45 minutes." He goes on to explain that each track will cost $1 with each EP totalling only $2. Keep your eyes trained on Hisckock's Bandcamp profile to catch each release as it drops, and check out a preview of them all, below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player