Laurel Halo to Release Debut LP via Hyperdub
- Words: Nathan Albert
- Photo: Timothy Saccenti
Today, Laurel Halo announced she is planning to release her first official full-length album, Quarantine, via Kode9's Hyperdub imprint. The Brooklyn producer first broke onto the scene with two EPs for Hippos in Tanks in 2010 and 2011, both of which featured a fine slew of psychedelic, synth-pop-tinged ambient techno tracks. Hyperdub has revealed that the upcoming Quarantine will see Laurel Halo's vocals at the "foreground" of its productions, rather than fluttering in a reverb-drenched background, which was often the case with her previous work. Quarantine (artwork and tracklist below) will drop in Europe on May 28 and in the US on June 5, but New York fans will likely be able to catch an advance glimpse of the forthcoming music at Unsound Festival, where she's scheduled to perform on April 20.
05. MK Ultra
12. Light + Space
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player