Peaking Lights Preps Third Album, Shares Mixtape
- Words: Patric Fallon
Lucifer is the forthcoming third LP scheduled to arrive from the husband-and-wife duo of Aaron Coyes and Indra Dunis, Peaking Lights, on June 19 via Mexican Summer/Wierd World. The eight-song record is said to be inspired in part by the couple's baby boy, Mikko, which—at first—seems strange given the album's title, but makes more sense when the recent Los Angelese transplants explain further. As Coyes puts it, "This record is about play and playfulness, unconditional love, rhythms and pulses, creation and vibration," and he goes on to say that Lucifer "means ‘Venus, bearer of light’ and is the first sign of the sunrise." In anticipation of the first leak of dubby, mesmerizing dream-pop to come from Peaking Lights' third full-length, the band has made the world a mixtape, which is embedded below, along with the album cover and tracklist.
2. Beautiful Son
3. Live Love
4. Cosmic Tides
5. Midnight (in the Valley of Shadows)
6. LO HI
7. Dream Beat
8. Morning Star
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player