Ricardo Villalobos Preps Remixes for Rush Hour 12"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Pascal Montary
The master of elongated pieces of techno, Ricardo Villalobos (pictured above), has delivered not one, but two remixes for Rush Hour artist San Proper, which will appear on a forthcoming 12". Each side of the vinyl hosts a Villalobos rework of "Animal," the title track from Proper's forthcoming debut LP for the imprint—including a dub version of the tune which clocks in over 14 minutes and a "more upbeat 10-minute club mix" on the b-side. The single is set to drop in vinyl format on March 23, and will be followed shortly thereafter by a digital release on April 9. Before then, you can check out the intense artwork, along with a preview of each of Villalobos' productions, below.
"Animal (Ricardo Villalobos Club Mix)"
"Animal (Ricardo Villalobos Dub Mix)"
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player