Stream the Debut Release from New Label West In Dust
- Words: Taylor Fife
West In Dust, a new label based in Oakland, CA, is readying its debut release, a 14-song collection of tunes on the stonier side of bass music. The compilation (artwork above) will be released at the end of March, at which time it will be available for download. Until then, the upstart imprint is streaming all 14 tracks from West in Dust 2012 in their entirety. West In Dust is the brainchild of two Bay Area producers, Rave Deep and Glenn Jackson, and will be releasing new material from Placeholder and Medla, who both appear on the comp, in the coming months. You may recognize Glenn's name from his rather frequent XLR8R bylines, as he is one of our trusty editorial interns, although he did no lobbying for this post and hadn't even mentioned his new project to the rest of the staff before it appeared in our inboxes. Granted, with the quality of tunes on West in Dust 2012, that kind of behind-the-scenes lobbying wasn't even necessary.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player