Stream the Debut Release from New Label West In Dust
- Words: Taylor Fife
West In Dust, a new label based in Oakland, CA, is readying its debut release, a 14-song collection of tunes on the stonier side of bass music. The compilation (artwork above) will be released at the end of March, at which time it will be available for download. Until then, the upstart imprint is streaming all 14 tracks from West in Dust 2012 in their entirety. West In Dust is the brainchild of two Bay Area producers, Rave Deep and Glenn Jackson, and will be releasing new material from Placeholder and Medla, who both appear on the comp, in the coming months. You may recognize Glenn's name from his rather frequent XLR8R bylines, as he is one of our trusty editorial interns, although he did no lobbying for this post and hadn't even mentioned his new project to the rest of the staff before it appeared in our inboxes. Granted, with the quality of tunes on West in Dust 2012, that kind of behind-the-scenes lobbying wasn't even necessary.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player