Video: Grimes "Oblivion"
- Words: Patric Fallon
One of our favorite tracks from the XLR8R Pick'd Visions LP by Grimes, "Oblivion" receives an appropriately weird and personable music video here. Conceived, filmed, and produced by director Emily Kai Bock and cinematographer Evan Prosofsky, the clip finds Montreal-based artist Claire Boucher meandering about at a dirt-bike rally, dancing around a men's locker room, and hanging out with the denizens of high school football games throughout the four-minute piece—effectively juxtaposing her girly charm with plenty of machismo and testosterone-fueled activities.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player