Video: Mi Ami "Time of Love"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Today, Brooklyn/SF duo Mi Ami released its latest record—the four-song, 37-minute Decade—via underground dance music hub 100% Silk, and this video for "Time of Love," a lengthy disco-warping track we premiered about a month ago, arrives just in time to commemorate the occasion. As is practically ubiquitous these days, the piece is made up of found footage and fuzzy VHS snippets. All of those images are dutifully chopped and mangled, thankfully—more or less making for a snazzy piece of video art with a heavy fixation on hands and fingernails. Plus, those strange clips, paired with all the tracking fuzz and glitchy digitization of the vintage formats, perfectly fit the punch-drunk grooves and uneasy vibe of Mi Ami's lengthy tune.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player