When you’re stuck at a shitty techno club at 4:00 a.m., 20 minutes outside of Barcelona, with no ride in sight and no money to pay for one either, one thing becomes abundantly clear: half the fun of Sónar is giving in to serendipity. Read more »
Young UK DJ/producer and Numbers label co-conspirator Jack "Jackmaster" Revill graced last week's Sónar festival in Barcelona with a stellar mix of the many kinds of bass music and future-house tunes propagated by his insanely talented cohorts. Read more »
Truthfully, we're a little surprised Ann Arbor, Michigan's long-standing electronic label, Ghostly International, hasn't already broken the 100 mark in its discography. Throughout its decade-plus time as an artful, forward-thinking music hub, Ghostly has released a huge amount of great records with amazing packaging tailor-made to fit each eclectic release. But this limited-edition 100th release absolutely takes the cake. Read more »
Following last year's Flashed EP, Detroit techno enthusiast and Berlin-based producer Jon Gaiser (or just Gaiser) released a new single yesterday on Minus. The two-song digital EP contains the slow-building techno soundscape of "Static Level" and the dubby excursion "Zebra Talk," both produced with the pristine sound quality and eclectic micro-sampling expected from Gaiser's growing list of work. Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player