Ben Sims and Kirk Degiorgio Launch New Label
- Words: Cam Curran
Machine is a new imprint stemming from techno veterans Ben Sims' and Kirk Degiorgio's (pictured above) London night of the same name, a label that will be "purely focused on new music and eschew anything over a year or so old." With the Machine club night rapidly taking hold in the English capital, Sims and Degiorgio have prepared a three-track plate for release on May 15, a record featuring driving, industrial-designed techno and simply titled Machine001. Each producer contributed a tune to the EP, with Sims creating "Metal Works" while also interpreting Degiorgio's contribution, "Machine Theme," in an additional remix on the flip. You can preview the artwork and new tracks for the label below, and also check out a video of Degiorgio's performance from their March 30 club night in London.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player