Jon Convex Collaborates with dBridge on Forthcoming 12"
- Words: Taylor Fife
After dropping a two-song 10" through his own Convex Industries label earlier this year, London-based producer Jon Convex (a.k.a. David Kirkham, erstwhile member of Instra:Mental) will make his return to Martyn's 3024 imprint with a three-tracker featuring the vocal talents of drum & bass innovator dBridge. The Lied to be Loved EP is named for the record's first track, and contains a trio of dancefloor-oriented tech-house tunes rife with UK bass influences. Convex's record is scheduled for a May 23 release, but for now, you can check out the artwork provided by 3024 co-jefe, Erosie, above, and the tracklist, below.
A1. Lied to be Loved (feat. dBridge)
B2. Stay (feat. dBridge)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player