Jon Convex Collaborates with dBridge on Forthcoming 12"
- Words: Taylor Fife
After dropping a two-song 10" through his own Convex Industries label earlier this year, London-based producer Jon Convex (a.k.a. David Kirkham, erstwhile member of Instra:Mental) will make his return to Martyn's 3024 imprint with a three-tracker featuring the vocal talents of drum & bass innovator dBridge. The Lied to be Loved EP is named for the record's first track, and contains a trio of dancefloor-oriented tech-house tunes rife with UK bass influences. Convex's record is scheduled for a May 23 release, but for now, you can check out the artwork provided by 3024 co-jefe, Erosie, above, and the tracklist, below.
A1. Lied to be Loved (feat. dBridge)
B2. Stay (feat. dBridge)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player