Jon Convex Collaborates with dBridge on Forthcoming 12"
- Words: Taylor Fife
After dropping a two-song 10" through his own Convex Industries label earlier this year, London-based producer Jon Convex (a.k.a. David Kirkham, erstwhile member of Instra:Mental) will make his return to Martyn's 3024 imprint with a three-tracker featuring the vocal talents of drum & bass innovator dBridge. The Lied to be Loved EP is named for the record's first track, and contains a trio of dancefloor-oriented tech-house tunes rife with UK bass influences. Convex's record is scheduled for a May 23 release, but for now, you can check out the artwork provided by 3024 co-jefe, Erosie, above, and the tracklist, below.
A1. Lied to be Loved (feat. dBridge)
B2. Stay (feat. dBridge)
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player