Swayzak Becomes S_W_Z_K, Preps New Release
- Words: Taylor Fife
After nearly two decades of collaboration that spawned five full-length albums, two high-profile DJ compilations, and a deluge of EPs, the men behind techno duo Swayzak, James Taylor and David Brown (pictured above), have parted ways. Since last year, Brown has been continuing along minus Taylor (and some vowels) as S_W_Z_K, and will be releasing his first record under that name in June. With sporadic help from longtime collaborator and friend Richard Davis, S_W_Z_K will be delving into deep and spacious techno on the upcoming self-titled album, which will be released through Berlin's Tresor imprint. The artwork and tracklisting for S_W_Z_K can be found below.
1. 31 Techniques
2. Dimanche Noir
3. Neukölln Mon Amour
4. Meatpackers Memorial
5. Marianne F 6. The Last Drop
7. Elsenstr. 171 8. Classified Dub
9. End of the Line Old Boy
Deficit Dub (hidden track)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player