Turbo Preps Releases From Locked Groove, Nautiluss, and Duke Dumont
- Words: Taylor Fife
Montreal's Turbo Recordings, the imprint headed by electro-house mainstay Tiga, seems to be currently undergoing a period of rejuvenation. Once known for releasing poppy electro bangers best suited for massive 18+ raves, the label is expanding its horizons by acquiring new talent from more forward-thinking realms of techno, house, and bass. This spring, Turbo will drop EPs from a trio of young producers, namely Nautiluss (whom we recently heard from), Duke Dumont, and Locked Groove. Nautiluss, who is also member of Toronto-based duo Thunderheist, and Duke Dumont have previously released high-energy electro cuts via Turbo, but will be steering toward bass and techno on their forthcoming releases, αlpha (out April 30) and For Club Play Only Vol. 1 (out May 14), respectively. Locked Groove recently released his debut 12" on Hotflush, and will follow that up with his Different Paths EP for Turbo on May 21. Below, you can find the tracklist for each forthcoming record.
For Club Play Only Vol. 1:
Street Walker (Alternative version)
Back to 91
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player