Turbo Preps Releases From Locked Groove, Nautiluss, and Duke Dumont
- Words: Taylor Fife
Montreal's Turbo Recordings, the imprint headed by electro-house mainstay Tiga, seems to be currently undergoing a period of rejuvenation. Once known for releasing poppy electro bangers best suited for massive 18+ raves, the label is expanding its horizons by acquiring new talent from more forward-thinking realms of techno, house, and bass. This spring, Turbo will drop EPs from a trio of young producers, namely Nautiluss (whom we recently heard from), Duke Dumont, and Locked Groove. Nautiluss, who is also member of Toronto-based duo Thunderheist, and Duke Dumont have previously released high-energy electro cuts via Turbo, but will be steering toward bass and techno on their forthcoming releases, αlpha (out April 30) and For Club Play Only Vol. 1 (out May 14), respectively. Locked Groove recently released his debut 12" on Hotflush, and will follow that up with his Different Paths EP for Turbo on May 21. Below, you can find the tracklist for each forthcoming record.
For Club Play Only Vol. 1:
Street Walker (Alternative version)
Back to 91
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player