Venetian Snares Preps Bedtime Album as Last Step
- Words: Taylor Fife
Canadian producer Aaron Funk is most widely known for the abrasive experimentalism he produces under the moniker Venetian Snares, but next month, he'll release a much mellower album, called Sleep, under the name Last Step. While the recordings themselves might be more palatable for many, Funk's approach to producing his new pieces was as idiosyncratic as ever. In his words: "Sleep [is made of] tunes I recorded while falling asleep. For a while, when I was really tired and ready to go to bed, instead of going to sleep I would make a tune. [I'd] get some stuff going on my sequencers, drum machines, patch up my modular, and just jam it. [I] would fall asleep a lot listening to the sequences... This is what I sound like in my sleep." Last Step's Sleep LP will be released via Planet Mu on May 7, but for now, you can check out the artwork and tracklist, below.
04. My Off Days
06. Lazy Acid 3
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player