Video: Logos "Atlanta 96"
- Words: Taylor Fife
As London prepares to host the 2012 Summer Olympic Games later this year, it appears that at least one of the city's residents may be drawing inspiration from past Olympics, namely the 1996 edition that took place in Atlanta, GA. Other than the title, however, this tune from beatmaker Logos doesn't immediately conjure images of the ATL, but does lend comparisons to the eski sound developed by Wiley in the early part of last decade. The accompanying video shows roads and railways in a city that looks to us like London, but is certainly not Atlanta, and was definitely not filmed in '96. This song, along with three other originals, will appear on Logos' forthcoming Kowloown EP, which will drop on April 23 via Keysound Recordings. The full tracklist is below.
A2 Atlanta 96
B1 Kingmob VIP
B2 Error 808
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player