2020 Vision Launches New Label
- Words: Cam Curran
The minds behind somethinksounds and 2020 Vision have linked up to launch 2020 Midnight Visions, a new, forward-thinking dance imprint with a strong visual focus. The imprint's inaugural release will come from Brixton native Ph0t0machine on May 28, the On U EP. With A&R being handled by Kazim Kazim Kazim of garage aficionados somethinksounds, 2020 Midnight Visions will look to bring forward "a diverse pool of artists at the forefront of electronic music." The label's artwork and creative direction will also feature an integrated visual aspect by Simon Wellbellove, and additional releases have already been lined up for 2012 from Presk, Doc Daneeka, and Ossie. The a-side from the label's debut release is streaming below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player