dBridge Drops New Release as Velvit
- Words: Cam Curran
Drum & bass stalwart and Exit Records chief dBridge is releasing a two-track single on fellow Autonomic cohort Jon Convex's Convex Industries imprint. Using a new moniker, Velvit, London-born Darren White has subtly shifted his style for this new alias, drawing on "a vast sound palette taken from as far afield as '90s jungle to the sleaze and seduction of more modern contemporaries such as Jimmy Edgar via the futurist soul of Africa Hitech." For instance, "Scarlett" combines the roiling Reese bass of jungle with the handmade percussive stylings of Detroit's Omar S, and is a tune to watch for as the summer heats up. The single is available now as a digital download and will be released physically on July 14; preview the two Velvit tunes below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player