Geoff Barrow's BEAK> Prepares Sophomore Album
- Words: Cam Curran
BEAK>, a trio that includes Portishead's Geoff Barrow which debuted in 2009, is coming back with a second album entitled >>, due out on Invada in early June. The work of Barrow, Matt Williams, and Billy Fuller is said to be borne of extended improvisational jam sessions in Bristol, which are then edited down into proper songs. After a few years' hiatus, during which time Barrow has kept busy with a variety of musical outlets—most recently the hip-hop-oriented Quakers project on Stones Throw—the group has found its chemistry once again and will soon be releasing its second full-length of "bleak, wobbly, anti-blue note sound," only this time, "with added synthesizers." >> will be available physically on June 11 in the UK and July 3 in the US, with digital versions set for worldwide release on June 13.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player