Mike Huckaby to Release EP via Tresor
- Words: Cam Curran
Detroit techno visionary Mike Huckaby is set to drop the aptly titled, three-track Tresor EP via the Berlin-based Tresor imprint. After helming an exclusive mix for Tresor's twentieth anniversary compilation in 2011, which included "The Tresor Track," Huckaby will showcase that song on the a-side of his new record, cut at a system-ready 45 rpm. The other two tracks will revolve around memories of Tresor's former venue, "exploring the room's darkest and most twisted corners" with "Basement Trax" and "The Upstairs Lounge." Look for Huckaby's Tresor EP to drop on July 2, but before then, you can preview the music here and check out the artwork below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player